UP polytechnic 2nd Semester Applied Physics 2 Notes | Engineering Physics PDF
Applied Physics 2 Notes Engineering Physics PDF Physics PDF includes the study of a diversified topics related to the world around us. It aims to give an understanding of this world both by observation and by prediction of the way in which objects behave. Concrete knowledge of physical laws, analysis and applications in various fields of Engineering Physics PDF and technology are given prominence in this course content.
Note: Teachers May give examples of Engineering Physics PDF/technology and applications of various concepts and principles in each topic so that students are able to learn and appreciate these concepts and principles. In all contents, and SI units should be followed.
|Note: If You don’t have any books of applied physics-2 for up polytechnic bteup so you can also study with these book listed bellow and this book which i have listed bellow is also recommended by bteup for 2nd semester of applied physics-2
What You Learn In Applied Physics 2 Notes Engineering Physics PDF?
- Define wave motion its types (Transverse and Longitudinal), Periodic and Simple Harmonic Motion, solve simple problems.
- Define the terms: frequency, amplitude, wavelength, velocity of a wave.
- Explain various Engineering Physics PDF, Medical and Industrial applications of Ultrasonic’s.
- Apply acoustics principles to various types of buildings to get best sound effect
- Explain diffraction, interference, polarization.
- Define capacitance and its unit. They will be able to explain the function of capacitors in simple circuits, solve simple problems using C=Q/V
- Explain the role of free electrons in insulators, conductors and semiconductors, qualitatively the terms: potential, potential difference, electromotive force.
- Explain the concept of electric current, resistance and its measurement.
- List the effects of an electric current and their common applications, State and apply Ohm’s law, calculate the equivalent resistance of a variety of resistor combinations, determine the energy consumed by an appliance, differentiate between AC electricity and DC electricity
- Explain Biot-Savart Law, Ampere’s law, Lorenz Force.
- State the laws of electromagnetic induction, describe the effect on a current-carrying conductor when placed in a magnetic field Explain operation of moving coil galvanometer, simple DC motor
- Apply the knowledge of diodes in rectifiers, adapters IC’s and various electronic circuits. Apply the concept of light amplification in designing of various LASER based instruments and optical sources.
- Explain total internal reflection and apply this concept for optical fibre and its uses in Medical field and Communication.
List Of Chapter And Details Topic In Applied Physics 2 Notes Engineering Physics PDF Up Polytechnic
Unit 1. Wave motion and its applications
1.1 Wave motion, transverse and longitudinal wave motion with examples, sound and light waves, relationship among wave velocity, frequency and wave length and its application
1.2 Wave equation y = r sin wt, phase, phase difference, principle of superposition of waves
1.3 Simple Harmonic Motion (SHM): definition and characteristic, expression for displacement, velocity, explain acceleration, explain time period,explain frequency in S.H.M.,
Energy of a body executing by S. H. M., simple pendulum, concept of simple harmonic progressive wave,
1.4 Free, Damped and forced oscillations & Resonance with examples, & Q-factor
1.5 Definition of pitch, loudness, quality and intensity of sound waves, intensity level, Echo and reverberation,
Sabine formula for reverberation time(without derivation), coefficient of absorption of sound, methods to control reverberation time and their applications, Accoustics of building defects and remedy.
1.6 Ultrasonics –production, detection, properties and applications in Engineering Physics PDF and medical applications.
Unit 2. Wave Optics
2.1 Dual nature of light, wave theory of light, laws of reflection and refraction, Snell’s law, Power of
2.2 ,Two-Source Interference, Double-Slitinterference, Interference dueto thin films, Fresnel’s biprism.
2.3 Use of interference and making highly efficient of solar panel.
2.4 diffraction, Single Slit diffraction, Intensity calculation etc
2.5 Polarization of electromagnetic waves, polarizing sheets, polarizing by Reflection (Brewser’s law), Malus law, use of polariods.
Unit 3. Electrostatics
3.1 Concept of charge, Coulombs law, Electric field of point charges, Electric lines of force and their properties, Electric flux, Electric potential and potential difference.
3.2 Gauss law of electrostatics: Application of Gauss law to find electric field intensity of straight charged conductor, plane charged sheet and charged sphere.
3.3 Capacitor and their working principle of Capacitor, Capacitance and their units. Capacitance of parallel plate capacitor. Series and parallel combination of capacitors (numerical), charging and discharging of a capacitor.
3.4 Dielectric and its effect on capacitance, dielectric break down.
3.5 Application of electrostatics in electrostatic precipitation of microbes and moisture separation from air and gases in industry for pollution control (Brief explanation only)
Unit 4. Current Electricity
4.1 Electric Current, Resistance, Specific Resistance, Conductance, Specific Conductance, Series and Parallel combination of Resistances. Factors affecting Resistance, Colour coding of carbon Resistances, Ohm’s law. Superconductivity.
4.2 Kirchhoff’s laws, Wheatstone bridge and its applications (meter bridge and slide wire bridge)
4.3 Concept of terminal potential difference and Electro motive force (EMF), potentiometer.
4.4 Heating effect of current, Electric power, Electric energy and its units (related numerical problems), Advantages of Electric Energy over other forms of energy
4.5 Examples of application of DC circuits in various electrical and electronics equipment such as C.R.O, T.V. ,Audio-Video System, Computers etc.
Unit 5. Magneto Statics and Electromagnetism
5.1 Magnetic poles, force on a moving charge, circulating charges, force on a current carrying wire, Hall effect, torque on a current loop.
5.2 Magnetic field due to moving charge (Biot-Savart Law), due to current (Biot-Savart Law), parallel currents, field of a solenoid, Ampere’s law.
5.3 Faraday’s law, Lenz’ law, motional emf, induced electric fields.
5.4 Magnetic dipole and force on a magnetic dipole in a non-uniform field, Magnetization, Gauss’ law for magnetism.
5.5 Types of magnetic materials. Dia, para and ferromagnetic materials with their properties,
5.6 Application of electromagnetism in ac/dc motors and generators.
Unit 6. Semiconductor physics
6.1 Types of materials (insulator, semi conductor, conductor), intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors, p-n junction diode and its V-I characteristics
6.2 Diode as rectifier – half wave and full wave rectifier (centre taped)
6.3 Semiconductor transistor, pnp and npn (concepts only)
6.4 Application of semiconductor diodes (Like Zener diodes, LED) and transistor as amplifier and oscillator.
Unit 7. Modern Physics
7.1 Lasers: concept of energy levels, ionizations and excitation potentials; spontaneous and stimulated emission; laser and its characteristics, population inversion, Types of lasers; Ruby and He-Ne lasers, Engineering Physics PDF and medical applications of lasers.
7.2 Fibre optics: Total internal reflection and its applications, Critical angle and conditions for total internal reflection, introduction to optical fibers, light propagation, types, acceptance angle and numerical aperture, types and applications of optical fibre in communication.
7.3 Introduction to nanotechnology, nanoparticles and nano materials,
List Of Practical in Applied Physics 2 Notes Up Polytechnic | Engineering Physics PDF | Up Polytechnic (Perform Minimum Six Experiments)
- To determine the velocity of sound with the help of resonance tube.
- Demonstrate To find focal length of the convex lens by the displacement method.
- To find the refractive index of the material of given prism using spectrometer.
- To find the wavelength of sodium light using Fresnel’s biprism.
- To verify laws of resistances in series and parallel combination
- To verify ohm’s laws by drawing a graph between voltage and current.
- To measure very low resistance and very high resistances using Slide Wire bridge
- Conversion of Galvanometer into an Ammeter and Voltmeter of given range.
- To draw hysteresis curve of a ferromagnetic material.
- To draw characteristics of a pn junction diode and determine knee and break down voltages.
- To find wave length of the laser beam.
- To find numerical aperture of an optical fibber.
Books Recommended For Applied Physics 2 Notes Engineering Physics PDF In Up Polytechnic 2nd Semester.
- Text Book of Physics (Part-I, Part-II); N.C.E.R.T., Delhi
- Concepts in Physics by HC Verma, Vol. I & II, Bharti Bhawan Ltd. New Delhi
- A Text Book of Optics, written by Subramanian and Brij Lal, S Chand & Co., New Delhi
- Practical Physics, by C. L. Arora, S Chand publications
- Engineering Physics PDF Physics by PV Naik, Pearson Education Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi
- Modern Engineering Physics PDF Physics by SL Gupta, Sanjeev Gupta, Dhanpat Rai Publications.
- Physics Volume 2, 5th edition, Haliday Resnick and Krane, Wiley publication
- Fundamentals of Physics by Haliday, Resnick & Walker 7th edition, Wiley publication
Up Polytechnic 2nd Semester Applied Physics – 2 Notes in Hindi
|S.No.||Chapter Name||Available Links|
|1.||Up Polytechnic Chapter-1 (Applied Physics-2) Hindi Notes||Download Now|
|2.||Up Polytechnic Chapter-2 (Applied Physics-2) Hindi Notes||Download Now|
|3.||Up Polytechnic Chapter-3 (Applied Physics-2) Hindi Notes||Download Now|
|4.||Up Polytechnic Chapter-4 (Applied Physics-2) Hindi Notes||Download Now|
|5.||Up Polytechnic Chapter-5 (Applied Physics-2) Hindi Notes||Download Now|
|6.||Up Polytechnic Chapter-6 (Applied Physics-2) Hindi Notes||Download Now|
Up Polytechnic 2nd Semester Applied Physics – 2 Notes in English
|S.No.||Chapter Name||Available Links|
|1.||Up Polytechnic Applied Physics 2 Unit 1 Wave motion and its applications||Download Now|
|2.||Up Polytechnic Applied Physics 2 Unit 2 Wave Optics||Download Now|
|3.||Up Polytechnic Applied Physics 2 Unit 3 Electrostatics||Download Now|
|4.||Up Polytechnic Applied Physics 2 Unit 4 Current Electricity||Download Now|
|5.||Up Polytechnic Applied Physics 2 Unit 5 Magneto Statics and Electromagnetism||Download Now|
|6.||Up Polytechnic Applied Physics 2 Unit 6 Semiconductor Physics||Download Now|
|7.||Up Polytechnic Applied Physics 2 Unit 7 Modern Physics||Download Now|
I Would Love To Here By Your Side That What You Think about this subject please comment in the comment Box I’ll be Answer Your Question As Much as Possible.